October 2019 – Dinner MeetingPast Event
Mr Denis Rose
Budj Bim Sustainable Development Partnership
The Budj Bim Journey to UNESCO World Heritage Listing
RSVP DEADLINE: MIDDAY Thursday 9 October, 2019
To Register An Apology or Leave of Absence Click here
To Register A Guest Click Here
Please join us for the Geelong Business Club October Dinner Meeting, as we welcome a very special guest speaker, Mr Denis Rose, from the Budj Bim Sustainable Development Partnership, with a remarkable story of leadership, vision and commitment.
Denis Rose is an inspiring leader, who was instrumental in securing a UNESCO World Heritage Listing for The Budj Bim Cultural Landscape, a site of outstanding Aboriginal significance on Victoria’s Great South Coast, which features an ancient lava flow, and one of the world’s most extensive, and oldest, aquaculture systems.
In this presentation, Denis will share with you:
- The enthralling journey that led to Budj Bim‘s listing as a UNESCO World Heritage site;
- The history of Budj Bim, and its cultural landscape;
- The future vision for Budj Bim, including plans for tourism, and implications for the region’s economic and cultural development.
Denis Rose is a Gunditjmara person with a long involvement in Aboriginal land and cultural heritage management.
Prior to joining the Budj Bim Sustainable Development Partnership, Denis was Chief Executive Officer of Winda Mara Aboriginal Corporation in Heywood, following seven years from 1995 when he was involved in the development of the Indigenous Protected Areas Program, which gave Aboriginal people throughout Australia greater control and management of their traditional lands.
Denis Rose lives in Portland, in South Western Victoria.
You will not want to miss this extraordinary presentation.
Geelong Business Club Monthly Dinner Meetings are popular events, open to Club members – and their Guests** – by invitation only.
GBC Members please kindly note:
- Your attendance is assumed at all Dinner Meetings, unless otherwise advised;
- Please use the Apology Form to register any apologies by MIDDAY the THURSDAY PRIOR to each Dinner Meeting. For October, your Apology is kindly requested by MIDDAY THURSDAY 9 October, 2019;
- Members are also welcome to bring Guests** to each dinner. Each guest may attend a GBC Dinner up to two times per financial year. Please advise us of any Guest** registrations by the same cut-off, being MIDDAY THURSDAY 9 October, 2019, using the Guest Registration Form.
2019-20 Dinner Fee for Members and their Guests:
- $65* – includes networking drinks on arrival, 2 course dinner, curated wine, cheese and coffee.
* In fairness to all members, ALL ‘no shows’ or late apologies – including any guests – will be invoiced at the actual cost price of $75 per head. We thank you for your understanding and assistance.
** If you would like to attend as a Guest, but do not believe you are connected to a Club member, please complete the Guest Register Form, so we can do our best to assist you. Please note, our Dinner Meetings are very popular, so we do limit the number of guest tickets, with priority given to guests registered by members. We will do our best to accommodate you, but appreciate your understanding that your request may be subject to a waiting list.
- GMHBA Stadium - Captain's Room
- GMHBA Stadium