September 2019 – Dinner MeetingPast Event
RSVP DEADLINE: MIDDAY Thursday 5 September, 2019
Need to Register An Apology or Leave of Absence? Click here
Need to Register A Guest? Click Here
Join us for this VERY SPECIAL Dinner Meeting, as we welcome Professor Iain Martin, the NEW Vice-Chancellor of Deakin University, to Geelong Business Club for the very first time.
Professor Iain Martin commenced as Deakin Vice-Chancellor on 1 July 2019, and is going to present his perspective on the essential role that academic and research institutions play in regional economic development and innovation. He will also share his vision for Deakin University, and the Geelong region as a whole. We have also asked Professor Martin to share any emerging trends and insights from overseas, that Geelong’s Leaders and Business Community need to know.
Professor Martin came to Deakin from the position of Vice-Chancellor of Anglia Ruskin University in the United Kingdom. Prior to that, he was Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic at the University of New South Wales. Professor Martin spent a number of years at the University of Auckland with positions including Professor of Surgery, Dean of the Faculty of Medical and Health Science, and Deputy Vice- Chancellor with responsibility for external and strategic partnerships.
Professor Martin grew up in the United Kingdom and attended the University of Leeds where he completed his medical degree, doctorate and Master of Education. After graduation he trained as a surgeon specialising in gastrointestinal and laparoscopic surgery, whilst holding clinical academic appointments.
You will not want to this Dinner Meeting.
Geelong Business Club Monthly Dinner Meetings are popular events, open to Club members – and their Guests** – by invitation only.
GBC Members please kindly note:
- Your attendance is assumed at all Dinner Meetings, unless otherwise advised;
- Please use the Apology Form to register any apologies by MIDDAY the THURSDAY PRIOR to each Dinner Meeting. In September, your Apology is kindly requested by MIDDAY THURSDAY 6 September, 2019;
- Members are also welcome to bring Guests** to each dinner. Each guest may attend a GBC Dinner up to two times per financial year. Please advise us of any Guest** registrations by the same cut-off, being MIDDAY THURSDAY 6 September, using the Guest Registration Form.
2019-20 Dinner Fee for Members and their Guests:
- $65* – includes networking drinks on arrival, 2 course dinner, curated wine, cheese and coffee.
* In fairness to all members, ALL ‘no shows’ or late apologies – including any guests – will be invoiced at the actual cost price of $75 per head. We thank you for your understanding and assistance.
** If you would like to attend as a Guest, but do not believe you are connected to a Club member, please complete the Guest Register Form, so we can do our best to assist you. Please note, our Dinner Meetings are very popular, so we do limit the number of guest tickets, with priority given to guests registered by members. We will do our best to accommodate you, but appreciate your understanding that your request may be subject to a waiting list.
- GMHBA Stadium - Captain's Room
- GMHBA Stadium