Effective Date: 01/07/2020
The Geelong Business Club respects your right to privacy and this policy sets out how we collect and treat of your personal information and in particular the Website that is owned and operated by Geelong Business Club Inc and hosted by Goop Digital.
“Club IP” includes, but is not limited to, the contents, layout, design, colours, appearance, graphics and imagery of the Website, Content and Materials as well as all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents and other intellectual property contained in the Website, Content and Materials.
“Content” means any content, writing, images, audio-visual content or other information published on the Website.
“Items” means any and all of the Website, Content and Materials collectively.
“Materials” means any materials, information or documentation that We may provide to You in connection with Your use of the Website including documentation, data, information developed by Us or owned by Us, and other materials which may assist in Your use of the Website.
“Parties” means both You (the user of the Website) and Us (the owner of the Website) collectively.
“Personal Information” means information that we obtain from You in connection with Your use of the Website.
“Website” means the website including all pages, all sub pages, all blogs, all forums, all other connected pages and all other connected internet content whatsoever, the home page or main page of which is located at: www.geelongbusinessclub.org.au
“Third Party Links” means links or references to websites other than the Website, to content other than the Content or to materials other than the Materials, none of which are controlled by Us.
“Us”, “We”, “Our” or “the Owner” refers to Geelong Business Club Inc.
“Us”, “We”, “Our” or “the Owner” also includes any employees, affiliates, agents or other representatives of Geelong Business Club Inc.
“You” or “Your” refers to the user of the Website.
“Your Content” means any Content posted to or added to the Website, Content or Materials by You or by somebody authorised by You or doing so on Your behalf.
“The Club” refers to Geelong Business Club Inc.
- Words referring to one gender include every other gender.
- Words referring to a singular number include the plural, and words referring to a plural include the singular.
- Words referring to a person or persons include companies, firms, corporations, organisations and vice versa.
- Any obligation on a Party not to do something includes an obligation not to allow that thing to be done.
3. TYPE OF INFORMATION AND HOW IT IS COLLECTED
When you use the Website, we may collect information from You through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preferences and website navigation). In addition, we may collect information that You volunteer to Us (such as information that You provide during a sign-up process or at other times while using the Website).
a. In order to access all of the features of the Website, You are required to register as a user. During the registration process, We collect some of Your Personal Information, in the following manner:
- We will not collect information that identifies You personally, except when You specifically volunteer that information to Us.
- The information that We will collect from You at registration includes: Name, Company, Phone Number, Email
b. In order to access some specific features of the Website, You are required to provide some Personal Information. During this process, We collect some of Your Personal Information, in the following manner:
- We will not collect information that identifies You personally, except when You specifically volunteer that information to Us when using specific Website features. These specific Website features might include, but are not limited to:
- receiving notifications by text message or email about events and promotions
- receiving general emails from Us
- commenting on Our content such as blogs, articles, photographs or videos, or participating in Our forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms or other similar activities.
- You registering on the Members database and You using the Members database
- Cookies are small files stored on Your computer or mobile device which collect information about Your browsing behaviour.
- Cookies do not access information which is stored on Your computer
- Cookies enable us to tailor our configurations to Your needs and preferences, in order to improve Your user experience.
- Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, although You are able to change Your browser settings to control cookies, including whether or not You accept them, and how to remove them. You may also be able to set Your browser to advise You if You receive a cookie, or to block or delete cookies. However, if You do this, You may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Website.
5. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
- Please note that no systems involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, are completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of Your Personal Information very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect Your Personal Information
- We use appropriate physical, digital, managerial and security systems to store Your Personal Information and to protect it against unauthorised access, destruction or disclosure.
6. COMBINING INFORMATION
We may combine, link or aggregate some of Your information in order to obtain a better understanding of Your requirements. This may enable Us to better design the Website and may also assist with Our business or administration requirements.
7. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
- We use Your Personal Information to help us improve your experience with Our Website. We may use Your Personal Information for purposes including but not limited to:
- providing membership services to You.
- marketing and advertising to You including both direct and indirect marketing and advertising and including marketing and advertising about Websites that may interest You based on Your personal preferences or demographics.
- advising You about updates to the Website or related Items.
- Allowing other Club Members to access limited information about You including Your name, Your company, Your phone number and Your Industry classification, only when you volunteer to provide this information to other Club Members
8. MERGER, RESTRUCTURE OR SALE OF OUR CLUB
Part or all of Our Club may be merged, restructured or sold. In the event that such a merger, restructure or sale occur We may transfer Your Personal Information, including personally identifiable information, as part of that merger, restructure, or sale.
9. INFORMATION YOU RELEASE
You acknowledge and agree that if You publish or submit Personal Information in publicly accessible sections of the Website (such as forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other similar sections), then You are solely responsible for the release of that Personal Information and We are not liable or responsible in relation to the release of that Personal Information.
10. EMAIL OPT IN/OUT
11. ACCESSING, UPDATING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to request access to any of Your Personal Information which We are holding.
- You have the right to request that any of Your Personal Information which We are holding be updated or corrected.
12. DISCLAIMER REGARDING SECURITY
13. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- We take membership satisfaction very seriously. If You have a complaint in relation to Our handling of Your Personal Information, We will endeavour to handle it promptly and fairly. For Your information, an overview of Our complaints handling procedure is as follows:
- Any complaints are forwarded to Our complaints officer for review. We aim to review all complaints within 7 days of receiving them (although this cannot be guaranteed). If necessary, the complaints officer may then refer the complaint to another section within Our organisation for consideration. If further information is required, We may contact You to request that information. If We accept fault in relation to the complaint then We will propose a resolution (which may or may not be the same as any resolution proposed by You). If We do not accept fault, then We will contact You to advise You of this. We aim to complete this entire process within 21 days, provided that We are provided complete information in the first place (although this cannot be guaranteed). However, if You do not provide complete information then this is likely to delay the handling of Your complaint.
- If You are not satisfied with Our response to Your complaint, You may refer your complaint to the relevant external dispute resolution organisation in Your area.
15. CONTACT US
Geelong Business Club